This article describes the process for deploying the Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.1 and above) via Datto RMM.
For Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.0) instructions, refer to Deploying The Datto Windows Agent Version 2.0 From Datto RMM.
For guidance about which Datto Windows Agent is right for your protected system, review our Getting Started with the Datto Windows Agent article.
- Datto Windows Agent Version 2.1 and above
- Datto RMM
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008 and above
System administrators can use Datto RMM's ComStore to download and deploy the Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.1).
Adding the Datto Windows Agent to your Component Library
- In Datto RMM, click the ComStore tab.
- Enter the Datto Windows Agent name or part of the name into the Search ComStore field at the top of the page
- Click the Datto (Backup) Windows Agent [WIN] component icon to open a window and display a description of the component.
- Click the Add to my Component Library button.
The component will become available in your Component Library. You can use it to create jobs and policies for deployment of the Datto Windows Agent to your endpoints. For more information about this process, refer to our Datto RMM Online Help article about jobs.
What MSI flags can the component use?
The only supported flag that the component's MSI uses is SKIP_REDIST_CHECK=1. The lack of "/" is intentional.
Use of this flag should almost never be necessary. If you do ever find yourself in a situation where you need to use it, please notify Datto Technical Support so that our Engineering teams can improve the component's functionality.