How do I perform a silent install of the Datto Windows Agent (Version 2.1)?
- Datto Windows Agent Version 2.1
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008 and above
1. From the machine that you would like to protect, navigate to download.datto.com and click the Windows button under Backup Agent Download.
2. When the agent installer finishes downloading, launch an administrator-level Windows Command Prompt session.
3. Navigate to the installer's location in the endpoint's file system. Use the following command to start a silent install of the agent software:
The Datto Windows Agent will install, and the machine will reboot. To prevent the installer from restarting the computer, add the /norestart flag:
C:\TEMP>DattoWindowsAgent.exe /quiet /norestart
If you receive a prompt asking you to confirm that you trust the publisher of the drivers included with the installer, perform the steps in this article (external link) to add Datto as a trusted publisher to your production machines.
The Datto Windows Agent will not notify you of the installation status after a silent install. To confirm installation, follow the steps in Installing the Datto Windows Agent: Verifying the Installation.