This article describes the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 to 2.0 cut-over process and what to expect when completed.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
Datto's product and engineering teams have rebuilt the Backupify platform from the ground up. We redesigned the back-end infrastructure as a node-based infrastructure, which allows for much faster search, export, and restore speeds.
What can you expect during the cut-over process?
While this initial backup occurs, we will continue to back up your data in both our Classic (aka 1.0) and 2.0 products in parallel. Once the initial backup is complete, we will stop backing up in the Classic product, but your data will be kept there for archival purposes.
How can I access my archived Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 data?
From the Status page, click the G Suite/Office 365, then click G Suite Classic or Office 365 Classic.
How does retention work in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0?
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection retention can be set up by the Administrators, and the feature can be reviewed here.
Where is my data stored?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection classic stores your historical data in the datacenter you chose when you first onboarded.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will store your data in the data center you select at the time of cut-over.
How long is the cut-over process?
Cut-over times vary depending on the node, data size, and throttling that may be imposed by the service provider (Google or Microsoft). It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Storage totals for the 2.0 services will not become available until the initial backups complete.
What do you need to do?
- Choose the Datacenter where your backups will be stored: Choose from one of five locations:
- United States
- Determine your live storage totals: This helps us store your data on an appropriately-sized node. Find your storage totals by using the documents below:
- Contact Backupify/Datto SaaS Support: Contact Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection support to request the cut-over. Click here to submit a support request, or click here for more contact options.