This article describes what to expect during the Backupify Classic to Backupify 2.0 cutover process.
- Backupify Classic/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
- Backupify Classic/Datto Saas Protection for Office 365
- Backupify 2.0/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Backupify 2.0/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Datto's product and engineering teams have rebuilt the Backupify platform from the ground up. We redesigned the back-end infrastructure as a node-based infrastructure, which allows for much faster search, export, and restore speeds.
What can you expect during the cutover process?
While this initial backup occurs, we will continue to back up your account in both our Classic (1.0) and 2.0 products in parallel. Once the initial backup is complete, we will stop backing up in the Classic product, but your data will be kept there for archival purposes.
How can I access my archived Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 data?
From the Dashboard, Click the platform (O365/G Suite) drop-down menu and select the Classic option.
What is my data retention plan after the cutover?
The cutover will set you to a one-year time-based retention plan. This means Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will store your backed up data for one year. You can adjust the retention period as needed.
Where is my data stored?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection classic stores your historical data in the datacenter you chose when you first onboarded.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will store your data in the datacenter you select at the time of cutover.
How do I use the Knowledge Base after the cutover?
- Use the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection section to troubleshoot legacy Backupify or Datto SaaS Protection issues.
- Use the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 section to troubleshoot issues after the cutover is complete.
- There are also specific subsections for Office 365 and G Suite-specific issues. Click here for a directory of all Backupify troubleshooting articles.
How long is the cutover process?
Cutover times vary depending on the node, data size and throttling that may be imposed by the service provider (Google or Microsoft). It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
What do you need to do?
- Choose the Datacenter where your backups will be stored: Choose from one of five locations:
- United States
- Determine your live storage totals: This helps us store your data on an appropriately-sized node. Find your storage totals by using the documents below:
How do I use Custom Data Retention in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0?
Custom Data Retention (CDR) is a new feature in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0. CDR allows administrators to select how long to retain user data. The default retention period is one year, but you can change according to your business needs at any point.
Click here for more information on Custom Data Retention.