This article discusses the Site Management page in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365 SharePoint.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
- Navigating to your Site Management page
- Site Management page
The updated experience is currently only available for new customer accounts starting March 15, 2019. Existing customers will receive the update in an upcoming release.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will pull all available SharePoint Sites associated with your configured Office 365 instance and display them in the SharePoint Site Management page. From this page, you can:
- Choose the Sites you wish to license and back up.
- Enable Auto-Add to back up future Sites automatically.
Navigating to Site Management
How you access the Site Management page depends on when you created your account.
If you are a new customer and you've created your account on or after March 15, 2019
If you are an existing customer and you've created your account before March 15, 2019
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard
From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click the Sites tab.
- This tab is only available for new customer accounts that were created on and after March 15, 2019.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 dashboard
From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 dashboard, click the Users tab to access the Site Management section of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom to add custom site collections by either pasting URLs or by uploading CSV files.
Site Management page
The Site Management page has two major components:
- The Overview pane, which displays a graphic representation of SharePoint Site management.
- The REFRESH SEATS button searches and discovers new sites in the Office 365 environment on demand. Click here to skip to the section of the article that provides more in-depth information about this feature.
- The Manage Sites pane, which enables you to view Sites, delete Sites, and manually select backups to be on or off.
- The Auto Add switch in the Manage Sites pane, which lets you automatically add Sites you create after provisioning your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 account.
The Status Overview bar uses different colors to represent the status of each Site or Team Site detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0. The Site statuses are:
- Active (green): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 is actively backing up the Site.
- Paused (blue): Backups are enabled, but currently paused.
- Archived (black): This Site is no longer being backed up, but you can restore its data.
- Unprotected (grey): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 is detecting this Site, but you have not yet enabled backups on the Site Management page.
In the Manage Sites panel, you can enable Auto-add for both SharePoint Sites and Team Sites. When you enable Auto Add:
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will automatically back up any Sites you create from that point forward.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will not add any Sites that existed at the time you enabled Auto Add; you must add those manually in the Manage Sites pane.
The Manage Sites pane displays all Sites detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
The options in this pane include the following:
A. Search: Use the search bar to find individual Sites within your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 instance.
B. Show: Click the checkboxes next to any of the four Site statuses to hide or return them to the Site list.
C. PROTECT: Click to enable backups for selected SharePoint Sites.
D. UNPROTECT: Click to disable backups for selected SharePoint Sites.
E. Click to sort your Sites by name, URL, type, date added, or status.
F. Click the blue slider to enable or disable Auto-add for SharePoint Sites, Team Sites, or both.
You can change the status of a site by clicking on the dropdown menu on the status badge.
To export or upload a list of all Sites to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0, click the Export CSV or Upload CSV button by clicking on the ellipsis menu in the Manage Sites section of the page, as shown in Figure 5.
Overview Panel (Additional Features)
To force Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 to back up new changes in your Sites' data, make sure Auto Add is switched on, then click REFRESH SITES. By default, the system will look for changes once per day.
Clicking REFRESH SITES searches and discovers new sites in the Office 365 environment on demand.
If auto-add is enabled, the process mentioned above will occur with newly discovered sites.
If auto-add is disabled, the newly discovered sites will not be protected immediately and will require manual intervention.
You can see the number of sites you have for each category vs. the total number of sites altogether by moving your cursor over the progress bar in the Status Overview section of the Overview panel.