This article discusses the Site Management page for SharePoint Sites in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will pull all available SharePoint sites associated with your configured Office 365 instance and display them in the SharePoint Site Management page. From this page, you can:
- Choose the sites you wish to license and back up.
- Enable Auto Add to back up future sites automatically.
Navigating to the Site Management page
From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection dashboard, click the Seat Management tab, then select Sites from the drop-down menu.
Site Management page
The Site Management page has two major components:
- The Overview pane displays a graphic representation of SharePoint site management.
- The REFRESH button searches and discovers new sites in the Office 365 environment on demand.
- The Manage Sites pane allows you to view sites, delete sites, and manually select backups to be on or off.
- The AUTO ADD switch, in the Manage Sites pane, lets you automatically add sites you create after provisioning your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection account.
- The PROTECT ALL button will protect all sites, except sites that you have paused or archived.
The Status Overview bar uses different colors to represent the status of each site or team site detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection. The site statuses are:
- Active (green): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection is actively backing up the site.
- Paused (blue): Backups are enabled, but currently paused.
- Archived (black): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection is no longer backing up the site, but you can restore its data.
- Unprotected (grey): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection is detecting this site, but you have not yet enabled backups on the Site Management page.
To force Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection to back up new changes in your sites' data, make sure Auto Add is switched on, then click REFRESH. By default, the system will look for changes once per day.
Clicking REFRESH searches and discovers new sites in the Office 365 environment on demand.
- If Auto Add is enabled, the process mentioned above will occur with newly discovered sites.
- If Auto Add is disabled, the newly discovered Sites will not be protected immediately and will require manual intervention.
Move your cursor over the progress bar in the Status Overview section of the Overview panel to view the number of sites you have for each category versus your total number of sites.
The Manage Sites pane displays all sites detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
The options in this pane include the following:
A. Search: Use the search bar to find individual sites within your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection instance. You can filter your sites by keywords.
B. AUTO ADD: Click the blue slider to enable or disable Auto Add for SharePoint sites, team sites, or both. Enabling Auto Add will automatically back up any sites you create from that point forward.
C. PROTECT ALL: Click to protect all sites. This setting will not protect paused or archived sites.
D. Click the checkboxes next to any of the four site statuses to hide or return them to the site list.
E. Click to list your sites in reverse alphabetical order.
F. Click to change the status of a site.
To export or upload a list of sites to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection, click the Export CSV or Upload CSV from the ellipsis menu in the Manage Sites section of the page. Refer to Figure 7 for an example.
In the Manage Sites panel, you can enable Auto Add for both SharePoint sites and team sites. When you enable Auto Add:
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will automatically back up any sites you create from that point forward.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will not add any sites that existed at the time you enabled Auto Add; you must add them manually in the Manage Sites pane.
In the Manage Sites panel, click PROTECT ALL to protect all sites, except sites that you have paused or archived.
- Full protection will take a few minutes to activate eligible sites.
- You can refresh the page to view updated site statuses.