How do I manage SharePoint sites by using Backupify 2.0 / Datto SaaS Protection for O365?
- Backupify 2.0 for Office 365
- Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will pull all available SharePoint Sites associated with your configured O365 instance and display them in the SharePoint Site Management page. Here, you can:
- choose the Sites you wish to license and back up
- enable Auto-Add to automatically back up future Sites
Navigating to Site Management
You can access the Site Management page in two ways:
- From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click the Sites tab.
- On the Seat Management page, scroll to the bottom and click the SharePoint Site Management link.
The Manage Sites page has three sections:
- The Sites Overview bar, which displays a graphic representation of SharePoint Site management
- The Auto Add Future Sites pane, which lets you automatically add Sites you create after provisioning your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 account
- The Manage Sites pane, which lets you view sites, delete seats and manually toggle backups on or off
The Sites Overview bar uses different colors to represent the state of each Site or Team Site detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0. The Site states are:
- Active: Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 is actively backing up the Site
- Paused: Backups are enabled, but currently paused
- Archived: This Site is no longer being backed up, but its data can be restored
- Unprotected: Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 is detecting this Site, but you have not yet enabled backups on the Site Management page
Click the Export CSV button in the Sites Overview pane to export a list of all Sites that Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 sees.
Auto Add Future Sites
In the Auto Add Future Sites pane, you can enable Auto add for SharePoint Sites, Team Sites, or both. When you enable Auto Add:
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will automatically back up any Sites you create from that point forward
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will not automatically add any Sites that existed at the time you enabled Auto Add; you must add those manually in the Manage Sites pane
The Manage Sites pane displays all sites detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 You can use the search bar to find an individual Site. The options in this pane include the following:
A. Use the search bar to find individual sites within your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 instance.
B. Click the checkbox next to any of the four Site states to hide or return them to the Site list.
C. Click the Refresh Seats button to force Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 to back up new changes in your Sites' data. By default, the system looks for changes once per day.
D. Click to sort your sites by name, URL, type, date added, or status.
E. Click the blue slider to enable or disable backups for an individual site. Click the trash can icon to de-license and remove a Site from Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
Figure 4: The Manage Sites pane (click to enlarge)