When attempting to protect a system with your Datto appliance, you see the error message, "BK027: We have detected an agent type change on your protected system from ShadowSnap to Datto Windows Agent. The previous backup chain prevents the new agent from pairing to this device."
In previous versions of the Datto appliance operating system, this error message displayed as, "BK027: Datto Windows Agent cannot pair to this device. A previous backup chain from another agent type exists for this system."
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto Windows Agent
- You are attempting to pair a system protected by the Datto Windows Agent to a Datto appliance where a backup chain generated by the ShadowSnap Agent already exists for the host.
Agent software is only compatible with backup chains created by its agent type. The Datto Windows Agent and the ShadowSnap agent cannot pair with different backup chains.
To continue the existing backup chain
1. Install the type of agent software on the protected machine which matches the agent software that generated the backup chain.
2. Repair agent communications for the protected system, and attempt a backup again.
To start a new backup chain
1. Archive the existing backup chain for the protected system.
2. Attempt to protect the system again.