This article introduces Datto Network Manager and provides an overview of its features.
- Datto Network Manager
Datto Network Manager is the new cloud management platform for configuring and managing Datto networks and networking devices.
- A brand new look and feel. It’s more modern, more readable, and incorporates the Datto font and color palette for a layout consistent with other Datto platforms
- Improved performance
- Improvements to the user experience, including more logical tool grouping, for faster, more intuitive network management
- Improved user management in the Datto Partner Portal
- The Datto Networking Events Log, which lets you see which users are making changes on a network, as well as the changes they make (coming soon)
Accessing Datto Network Manager
In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select Networking Status from the drop-down menu.
Navigating Datto Network Manager
The Site Navigation Menu
The Site Navigation menu lets you move between networks, access individual network device types for management and configuration, and access the voucher and client pages. From the Navigation menu, you can access the following pages:
Figure 2: The Navigation menu (click to enlarge)
The User Settings menu
The Users menu, located in the top right of the screen, contains the following options:
- Users: lets you administer user information and roles
- Audit Logs: lets you access the Audit Logs feature
- Logout: lets you log out of Network Manager
The Network Information Graph
The Network Information graph gives you at-a-glance information about network performance and usage.
The Top Applications card shows which applications are using the largest amounts of your network bandwidth.
The Top Clients card shows the hostname and MAC address of the client devices using the largest amounts of your network bandwidth.
Top Access Points
The Top Access Points card displays the access points over which the largest amounts of network traffic are flowing.