How do I provision SharePoint Sites using the new Site Management experience in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for Office 365
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365 backs up SharePoint Team Sites and Communication Sites.
Provisioning SharePoint Site backups
When you first provision your account, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will detect and list both SharePoint Sites and Team SharePoint Sites, but will not automatically begin backing them up. You must manually select which Sites to back up.
1. From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click the Sites tab. You will see the following information and options:
- The Sites Overview status bar shows a color-coded status report of all Sites in your Office 365 account and gives you the option to export them as a CSV document.
- The Auto Add switch lets you automatically add new SharePoint Sites and SharePoint Team Sites.
- The Manage Sites section lists your Sites and lets you set the backup status on a per-Site basis.
2. From the Manage Sites section of the page, click the Status dropdown to manually enable or disable backups for each Site by setting it to be Active, Paused, or Unprotected. You can also click the Auto Add slider to enable automatic backups for all net new Sites.
3. From the dashboard, click the SharePoint tab. Your elected sites are now being backed up.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will check once per day to see which Sites are available in the tenant. To force this check, click the REFRESH SEATS button on the Sites page.