This article describes the User Settings page in the Datto Partner Portal. Use this article as a guide to enabling Two-Factor Authentication, editing user settings, and changing user passwords.
- Datto Partner Portal
The Datto Partner Portal's User Settings page lets you:
- set up the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) app.
- change your personal information, including name, email, and phone number
- view all user accounts to which you have access (the star indicates the account to which you are currently logged in)
Accessing the User Settings page
In the Datto Partner Portal, click your account name in the top right-hand corner of the page, then select User Settings from the drop-down menu.
Figure 2: The Datto Partner Portal (click to enlarge)
Two-Factor Authentication setup
The Two-Factor Authentication card lets you enable 2FA via phone call, SMS, or third-party authenticator app.
1. In the Two-Factor Authentication card, click CONFIGURE.
2. In the Two-Factor Authentication dialog box, choose your preferred method of authentication. You can choose from the following methods:
- Third Party Authenticator App: Lets you authenticate with the app of your choice
- Authy: Lets you authenticate by using the Authy app
- SMS/Voice: Lets you authenticate via text message, or through a phone call providing an audible token.
Select your preferred authentication method, then click the Enable 2FA button.
2FA setup via a third-party authenticator app
When you set up an external authenticator app for use with the Datto Partner Portal, the system will ask you to scan a QR code with your mobile device as part of the setup process. To reproduce this QR code, click the View QR code button in the Two-Factor Authentication card on the User Settings page.
2FA setup via Authy
You can install the Authy Authenticator app:
Click any of the preceding links to see the relevant Datto Knowledge Base article for setup assistance.
2FA setup via SMS (text message) or phone call
When you choose this option, the system will ask you to enter your phone number and select either SMS or Voice. Depending on your choice, you will either receive a text message containing the authentication code, or a phone call in which you will hear a voice recording of the authentication code.
After completing the setup process, the Current Status on the Two-Factor Authentication card will change to Enabled. To change your authentication method, click the CONFIGURE link.
Changing user information
1. Click the Edit button on the User Information card.
2. Update the user information, then click the Save button.
Changing user passwords
To change the password:
1. Click the Change Password link on the User Information card.
2. Enter the current password and the new password, then click the Change Password button.
Viewing user accounts
The My Accounts card shows you an overview of all Partner Portal accounts created for your company, including:
- the account's role.
- the application the account uses.
- the last login for the account.