How do I set up an external third-party authenticator app, then use it to log into the Datto Partner Portal?
- Datto Partner Portal
The Datto Partner Portal lets you log in through two-factor authentication using the authenticator app of your choice that supports setup through QR codes.
Authenticator app setup
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click your account name in the top right-hand corner of the page, then select User Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. On the User Settings page, toggle Two Factor Authentication to On.
3. The system will prompt you to enter your country code and phone number. You can also check the Set up your own authenticator app box to set up a third-party authenticator app of your choice.
4. Check the box next to the authenticator app of your choice. If the app you use is not listed, choose Other. Click the Next button when finished.
5. The Partner Portal will generate a QR code. Open your chosen authenticator app on your smartphone and set up a new account. When prompted, scan the QR code with your mobile device's camera.
The setup is complete, and you can now log into the Datto Partner Portal through your chosen authenticator app.