How do I set up an external third-party authenticator app, then use it to log in?
- Datto Partner Portal
- Datto SaaS Protection
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite and Office 365
- Datto RMM
- Datto Workplace and File Protection
The Datto Partner Portal lets you log in through two-factor authentication using the authenticator app of your choice that supports setup through QR codes.
Authenticator app setup
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click your account name in the top right-hand corner of the page, then select User Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. On the User Settings page, scroll to the Two-Factor Authentication card and click CONFIGURE.
3. Select Third Party Authenticator App.
4. The Datto Partner Portal will generate a QR code. Open your chosen authenticator app on your smartphone (or via a browser extension that supports QR codes if you are not using a mobile phone) and set up a new account.
Figure 3: The account setup QR code (click to enlarge)
The setup is complete, and you can now log into the Datto Partner Portal through your chosen authenticator app.