You receive an email alert from email@example.com which states, "Agent Screenshot Verification Succeeded. Screenshot verification succeeded for [systemname]."
- Datto Direct to Cloud (DTC)
A protected system, registered to one of your Direct to Cloud clients, performed a screenshot verification which resulted in a failed boot of the virtual machine.
You received this email because your Partner Portal account is subscribed to receive registration alerts. To change your alerting settings, visit the Direct to Cloud Status page.
1. If you are receiving failed screenshot notifications, but the screenshot shows that your virtual machine is booting successfully, proceed to the Contacting Support section of this article.
2. If the screenshot verification shows the virtual machine in a failed boot state, observe the full boot sequence of the restore point by virtualizing it in the cloud. Document any unusual behavior that you observe. Then, check the production machine. Many boot failures replicate from issues which are present in the production environment.
- If the screenshot failure shows Windows updates installing, schedule a maintenance window for the production machine, reboot it, and allow its pending Windows updates to install. Then, resume backups, and observe the outcome of the next day's screenshot verification.
- If the screenshot failure shows CHKDSK operations underway, schedule a maintenance window for the production machine, reboot it, and allow the disk operation to run. Then, resume backups, and observe the outcome of the next day's screenshot verification.
- If, during cloud virtualization, you observe any other unusual boot behavior which you can replicate on the production machine, correct the problem in the live environment, resume backups, and observe the outcome of the next day's screenshot verification.
3. If the failed screenshot verification does not fall into the above-listed categories or if you are unable to resolve the issue via the troubleshooting methods described, proceed to the Contacting Support section of this article.
Figure 1: Screenshot failed
1. Before contacting Datto Technical Support, gather the following information about the screenshot failure:
- Detailed description of the problem
- Detailed description of all troubleshooting attempted
- Screen capture of the failed verification notice which shows the screenshot performed
- Hostname of the impacted system
- Direct to Cloud Agent version and short code for the affected system
- Agent logs from the affected system
2. Attach this information to a Technical Support ticket, and then contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.