This article describes the process for configuring email alert settings for your Direct to Cloud (DTC) clients.
- Datto Direct to Cloud (DTC)
The Direct to Cloud backup solution is capable of sending alerts to designated email recipients when certain events occur on a configured client. You can elect for one or many recipients to receive these alerts.
1. To manage the alerts for a client, access the Direct to Cloud Status page and click the name of the client that you would like to manage, as shown in Figure 1.
2. You will see the Email Alert Settings card shown in Figure 2.
The Email Alert Settings card enables you to specify a recipient or group of recipients to receive the alerts you select in the Trigger an alert for... column.
To enable an alert, check the box next to the corresponding notification's name. See the Configurable Alerts section of this article to learn more about each notification type.
To designate recipients, enter one or more email addresses in the Recipients box and click Add. To enter multiple email addresses simultaneously, separate each email address with an unspaced comma, as shown in Figure 2. To remove a recipient, click the Remove button next to the desired email address.
Alerts function at the client level; when you enable a notification, it will allow alerts of that type for all agents associated with the client. The following alerts are available:
- Agent registration success: Sends an Agent Registration Success email when a new protected system successfully registers to the client.
- Agent registration failure: Delivers an Agent Registration Failed email when an attempt to register a new protected system to the client does not succeed.
- Agent deletion: Notifies the subscribed users when an attempt to remove an agent succeeds or fails. See our Direct To Cloud: Agent Deletion Success and Direct To Cloud: Agent Deletion Failed articles for more information.
- Agent screenshot verification success: Dispatches an email with details regarding successful screenshot verification for a protected system.
- Agent screenshot verification failure: Sends an alert to the recipient list when screenshot verification for a protected system fails.
- Agent has not checked in for: Delivers an agent checkin alert after Datto's monitoring servers have not seen a protected system for a designated period. The thresholds you can configure for this alert are 1 - 7 days, 14 days, 21 days, and 28 days.