This article provides basic instructions for configuring Microsoft Office 365 to allow the Microsoft Exchange Extension to leverage Impersonation Rights.
NOTE: This article is a general guide; certain aspects of the configuration may differ based on your environment.
- Datto Autotask PSA Microsoft Exchange Extension
- Microsoft Office 365
Impersonation Rights allow one account to create and manage all calendar appointments for each of the users it is able to impersonate. To set up impersonation, perform the following steps:
1. Log in to the Microsoft Office 365 portal (external link) as an administrator. Then, click Admin, as shown in Figure 1.
2. Navigate to the Exchange Admin Center.
3. In the Exchange Admin Center, navigate to Permissions → Admin Roles → Discovery Management and select Edit.
Figure 3: Edit admin roles (click to enlarge)
4. Click + to add the role for ApplicationImpersonation, and then click OK.
Figure 4: Selecting application impersonation (click to enlarge)
5. Add the master synchronization account as a member and click OK.
NOTE: Your master synchronization account is whichever account you have configured under Autotask Menu > Admin Extensions & Integrations → Microsoft Extensions → MS Exchange → General.
6. Click Save. Impersonation will be configured.