This article describes the function of the API User Security Level in Datto Autotask PSA.
- Datto Autotask PSA
The API User Security Level provides full access level permissions to features and data. You cannot delete or edit the data, but you can copy it.
You can edit these copies to create custom API User Security Levels controlling users' permitted tasks and data levels.
You can create up to 50 different security levels based on the user license type.
API Users can access your Datto Autotask PSA data via the API only; they cannot log in to the Autotask user interface. This security level is associated with its unique Datto Autotask PSA license.
There is no per-seat charge for resources that use the API User Security Level and license, and no limit to the number of resources that can be assigned the security level.
To assign a resource to the API User Security Level
Check the box labeled For use with API User (API-only) security levels.
When selected, the API-only user's password will not expire. Datto Autotask PSA will not prompt the user to change their password.
Only API Users can receive an exemption from the Password Expiration Requirement. This checkbox is unchecked and disabled for all other security levels.
- Datto Autotask PSA: Why can't I change the Tracking Identifier associated with my API User?
- Datto Autotask PSA: Why Isn't My Integration Vendor Available For API Tracking Identifier Selection?
- Getting started with the API (Datto Autotask PSA Online Help)
- How the API User (API-only) security level works (Datto Autotask PSA Online Help)
- The Autotask Web Services API v1.6 (Datto Autotask PSA Online Help)
- API best practices (Datto Autotask PSA Online Help)