Why is my Workflow Rule not firing on recurring tickets?
- Autotask PSA
If you create or update a Workflow Rule AFTER you create the recurrence master and its instances, the rule will not fire on the recurring tickets, because workflow rules are not retroactive.
To quickly edit all of the future tickets from within the Master ticket you created, perform a Forward / Modify and Save operation on all of them. Doing so will bring the older tickets into view of your Workflow Rule, allowing it to fire as expected.
To apply a batch Forward / Modify and Save operation on all recurring tickets, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Autotask Menu → Service Desk → Search → Recurrence Master Tickets.
- Search for the Recurrence Master.
- Right-click the master and select Edit → Instances.
- Select all future instances.
- Right-click the instance and select Forward / Modify All Instances.
- Change nothing about the tickets, and then click Save.