This article describes the process for onboarding EMEA/APAC clients onto Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite.
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite - EMEA
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite - APAC
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite - Canada
Install the Backupify 2.0 app from the Google Apps Store
1. Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user (only super admins will be able to set up a Backupify account). From the G Suite Admin Console, select Apps.
2. Click G Suite Marketplace apps.
3. Select Add app to Domain Install list.
4. Search for Backupify Google Apps Backup and select the app from the results.
5. Click Domain Install.
6. Click Continue.
8. Proceed through the additional setup and click Done.
9. When finished, the Backupify Google Apps Backup web app will appear as ON for everyone.
Verify API setup
1. Log in to the Google Admin console and click the Main Menu on the top-left.
2. In Security, select API controls.
3. Select MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS.
4. Confirm that the Access for Backupify is listed as Trusted.
Verify Drive API is enabled
1. In the Google Apps Admin console, click Apps → G Suite → Drive and Docs → Features and Applications.
2. Make sure to check the Allow Users to Access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API box. Click Save Changes when finished.
Other things to verify
Be sure to enable the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application for all organizational units within the domain.
Verify that you enabled the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application for all users you are trying to add.
Make sure you are not trying to add users under a subdomain.
- Check if your domain is a subdomain of a larger primary domain.
Signing up for Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
1. Navigate to the Datto Partner Portal, click the Purchasing & Billing tab, then select Store from the drop-down menu.
2. Select SaaS Protection.
You do not need to click Checkout. Once you click SaaS Protection, you will be redirected to the SaaS Store.
3. Select the O365 tab, then click the Sign Up for Office 365 Backup button.
If you are purchasing G Suite, you will have the option to update your purchase later in this workflow.
4. Click the Purchase New SaaS Protection O365 Account button.
5. Enter your Organization's Name, click the G Suite button, then click CONTINUE TO ONBOARDING.
The CONTINUE TO ONBOARDING button may not be visible because the footer note might be covering it. If you're experiencing this issue, press the Enter key on your keyboard, or use your browser zoom function and increase the screen's display area.
After you have completed this step, you will be directed to the Backupify onboarding wizard.
Completing the onboarding wizard to finalize the Datto SaaS Protection setup
1. Authorize Backupify to access and back up your G Suite data by clicking the AUTHORIZE button.
2. Select the appropriate Storage Region from the drop-down menu, then click NEXT.
3. Finalize the onboarding wizard by clicking FINISH.