Your 2FA token isn't working in Datto Autotask PSA.
- Datto Autotask PSA
Your time zone information is not synchronizing correctly with the servers.
Since Time-Based One-Time Password (TOTP) services like Google Authenticator and Duo compare the time information stored on the phone to that of the Autotask user's time zone, you should:
- Verify your time zone is configured correctly in Autotask
- Verify your time zone is configured correctly on your phone/app
Verify your time zone is configured correctly in Autotask
To check your time zone information:
- Navigate to Autotask menu → Admin → Features & Settings → Resources/Users (HR)→ Resources/Users (HR) → Resources/Users.
Take note of the value in the Primary Location column. The value is assigned to the resource, and the location is then assigned a time zone.
To view the time zone of the location:
- Navigate to Autotask menu → Admin → Features & Settings → Your Organization → Internal Locations.
Verify your time zone is configured correctly on your phone/app
Many authentication apps exist, each with unique configuration requirements. Some of the more common apps are outlined below.
For Android-based devices, You can synchronize manually within the app. To make sure that you have the correct time:
- Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator app.
- Click More → Settings → Time correction for codes → Sync now.
On the next screen, the app will confirm that you have synchronized the time, and you should now be able to use your verification codes to sign in. The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator app, and will not change your device’s Date & Time settings.
For iOS-based devices, the time zone is pulled from the device's location services. While you can set the time zone manually, most users choose to have the time set automatically. You can resolve some issues by cycling the automatic time zone setting. To cycle the time zone setting:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to General → Date & Time.
- Cycle the Set Automatically option off then on.
LastPass / Microsoft Authenticator / Authy
This application only uses the time zone information set on the phone. Consult the guide for your OS for how to change time zones. You should also attempt to cycle your zone to another option and then revert to the correct setting, as this usually resolves any localized device issues.
For more possible solutions to common issues with Google Authenticator, visit this article.