Under the User Profile Advanced Settings, users are encountering the following error message when trying to enable MS Exchange Integration:
"We are unable to save your changes at this time because there is a sync in progress, please try later."
- Datto Autotask PSA
If you tried to enable Exchange multiple times at multiple points of the day:
- Adjust Request Synchronization interval.
- Wait until current sync is complete.
- Adjust the interval back.
Enter a specific sync interval
- In Admin, navigate to where you configure the settings for exchange.
- Enter a sync interval
- Example scenario: You can enter a sync interval for 10 minutes. Doing so means that in theory, the sync will get in place to update everyone's calendars accordingly.
Note: This solution is dependent upon many other factors, including the volume from other users. For this reason, you may have been unable to save the settings under the resource's name.
Move the exchange interval out to a few hours and then save (recommended)
- Navigate to the Autotask menu → Admin → Extensions & Integrations → Microsoft Extensions → MS Exchange → General Tab → Request Synchronization every * minutes
Wait at least one hour before trying to save your resource's profile information. Pushing the interval out will ensure that new sync will not begin before the previous one has ended.
Additionally, waiting for the 1+ hour will ensure that the last sync has cleared. After you save the changes to your resource's profile, you can set the interval back appropriately. (The minimum is 10 minutes).