This article provides information about a critical update required for Datto Access Points running firmware older than version 6.4.15.
- Datto Access Points
Datto APs running firmware versions older than 6.4.15 have certificates which will expire in July 2019.
To avoid service interruption, you must upgrade your APs to firmware version 6.4.15 or newer before July 15th, 2019.
Beginning July 1st, Datto will begin upgrading all APs running older firmware versions to version 6.4.15. Datto cannot specify when an individual upgrade will occur.
On July 15th, 2019, Datto will proactively update our server certificates; APs not upgraded to firmware version 6.4.15 by this date will no longer check in, preventing device management, reporting, and automatic upgrades.
Automatic upgrade procedure
1. Navigate to Configure → Maintenance.
2. Toggle Automatic Upgrades to on. Once this is enabled, APs on the network will update to the current firmware release shown there during the specified maintenance window. To avoid future disruption, and to receive the latest features and bug fixes, leave automatic upgrades enabled at all times.
You can also click the Upgrade Now button to immediately start the upgrade.
Manual upgrade procedure
Access Points that cannot check in with our offsite servers (due to an already expired certificate or other issues) require a manual firmware flash. Be sure to bring undeployed APs online to verify they are upgraded to the latest firmware and can check in.
Questions and feedback
If you have any questions and concerns about this update process, contact Datto Networking Support:
- Chat: https://help.datto.com
- USA (877) 455-6015
- EMEA +44 (0) 118-402-9609
- Australia +61 (0)2-801 -56826
- Singapore 800-852-3047