When you try to submit a ticket directly to Autotask Support by hovering over Livelinks → Submit / Review Ticket via the Client Portal in the top right corner of Autotask, you receive the error message, "Incorrect user name or password." When you try to reset your password, you see the error message, "User name is invalid."
- Datto Autotask PSA
- The user name entered is incorrect
- Client Portal is not active for your contact
To verify your username, contact your Autotask Champion or Autotask Support.
To activate your Client Portal, ask your Autotask Champion to perform the following steps:
1. Log in to https://datto.ITClientPortal.com/.
Figure 1: Client Portal Login
2. Click the Manage button on the top line to open the Users list, as shown in Figure 2.
3. Find the desired user's name and click the Activate button.
4. On the Edit Contact card, go to the Client Portal tab and check the Activate Client Portal box illustrated in Figure 3. Your email address will automatically populate as your user name to ensure that it is unique.
5. Choose a security level, and click Save and Close. You will receive a welcome email with your username, password, and login URL.