Why are incoming emails creating tickets under the zero account?
- Datto Autotask PSA
Incoming email processing will create a ticket under the zero account if it meets any of the following conditions:
- The email address connects to a resource in Datto Autotask PSA. This connection may often be the cause if a contractor or dashboard user exists for the client.
- The email address connects to more than one contact in Datto Autotask PSA.
- There is no matching email address, and the domain of the email address is listed for more than one company in Datto Autotask PSA. A new contact record cannot generate because the account association cannot be determined. This scenario is also often the cause of @gmail.com and other generic addresses creating under the zero account.
- There is no matching email address, and the domain of the email address is not listed in Datto Autotask PSA. No contact can generate because there is no matching account.
- There is no matching email address, no account with a contact with the same email domain, and either no account or more than one account with a web page URL that has the same domain as the email address.
- Entity Creation Rules (Datto Autotask PSA Online Help)