Why are incoming emails creating tickets under the zero account?
- Datto Autotask PSA
Incoming Email processing will create a ticket under the zero account if it meets any of the following conditions:
- The email address connects to a Resource in Autotask; this cause will often be the case if a Contractor or Dashboard user exists for the client.
- The email address connects to more than one Contact in Autotask.
- There is no matching email address, and the domain of the email address is listed for more than one company in Autotask, meaning that a new contact record cannot generate because the Account association cannot be determined; this scenario is often the cause of @gmail.com and other generic addresses creating under the zero account.
- There is no matching email address, and the domain of the email address is not listed in Autotask at all, meaning that no contact can generate as there is no matching Account.
- There is no matching email address, no Account with a contact with the same email domain, and either no Account or more than one Account with a web page URL that has the same domain as the email address.