This article describes the process for synchronizing all of a user's Microsoft Office 365 contacts to a public Exchange folder, so that any user with access to that folder can view contacts synced from Autotask PSA, without having to log into PSA.
NOTE: Some details of this configuration may vary based on the setup of your environment.
- Autotask PSA
- Microsoft Office 365
1. Log in to Office 365 as administrator user via the Microsoft Office 365 portal (external link). Then, click Admin, as shown in Figure 1.
2. Navigate to the Exchange admin center.
3. In the admin center, click public folders.
4. Click More Options and select Root permissions.
5. Click add. Enter the Master Synchronization Account details and click Save.
NOTE: To write to this directory, you must have a Publishing Editor permission level or higher.
6. In Autotask PSA, navigate to Autotask Menu → Admin → Extensions & Integrations → MS Exchange. In the Synchronization tab, check Create public folder of ALL Autotask contacts and click Save.
7. If you see the error message, "Could not create public folder: Access is denied. Check credentials and try again. Could not create folder Autotask Contacts," the connectivity test failed. Return to Step 4 and ensure that root permissions are in place for the Master Synchronization Account.
- The contact sync will not complete to the public folder until at least one resource has been enabled and configured for the integration.
- The Exchange Extension always uses the Exchange permissions of the first active user with Microsoft Exchange enabled (sorted alphabetically) to write to the Public folder. Be sure this user has permission to write to this folder. These permissions are set in Exchange as outlined above.