This article describes QuickBooks Online's additional tools to assist in the transfer of invoices to and from Autotask (external resource).
- Datto Autotask PSA
- QuickBooks Online
To find the QuickBooks tools, perform the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks Online and click My Apps.
- Navigate to Autotask Invoices App, and click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. You'll see the tools options shown in Figure 1.
Select a tool to learn more:
- Compare Billing Codes and Items
- Check Which Invoices are Ready for Billing
- Sync Invoices Now
- Manually Copy an Invoice from Autotask to QuickBooks Online
- Error Logs
- Clear In-Process Status
Compare Billing Codes and Items
This tool lets you compare your Autotask Billing codes to QuickBooks items to see how they match up. You can choose to copy any missing details from Autotask to QuickBooks Online. A report of the results will be emailed to your designated Quickbooks Online mailbox when the copying completes.
To use the tool, click Compare Items. On the Compare or Copy page, select options from the menus:
- Show Comparison: This option generates a report that compares billing codes and QuickBooks Online Items. When the tool finds a match, it shows discrepancies between the matched billing code and billing item, and the missing item in QuickBooks Online. Autotask PSA will send The report as an email message to your designated QuickBooks Online mailbox, along with an attached CSV version.
- Copy missing items to QuickBooks Online: This tool will copy missing billing code information found with the Show Comparison tool from Autotask PSA to QuickBooks Online. Autotask PSA will send a report to your designated QuickBooks Online mailbox.
- Match Item Using Select the Billing Code field to compare to QuickBooks Online Items when generating the report.
- To check what field you specified in your settings, return to the Check Settings page.
- If you prefer, select the Billing Code Name or Billing Code ID, regardless of what option you specified in your settings.
- You can also choose to use the External ID to compare and, if a billing code has no data in the External ID field, use the Name field.
- Click Do It Now to complete the action.
Check Which Invoices are Ready for Billing
Use this utility to show which invoices in Autotask will be picked up for processing the next time the integration polls. This data can be useful if you need to know whether an Autotask invoice will synchronize over to QuickBooks.
To use the tool, click Check for Invoices and complete the fields as described below:
- Invoice Number Options: Select which option the integration should use to number the invoices waiting to be processed.
- Invoice Max Age: This option lets you specify the maximum age, in days, of invoices to be processed.
- Other Email: The process automatically sends a list of invoices that have successfully transferred from Autotask to QuickBooks Online to the email address used to connect the two. If you want this list to route to additional email addresses, you can enter them here.
- Click Do It Now to complete the action.
Sync Invoices Now
Use this tool to sync and transfer all eligible invoices at once without waiting for the next automatically scheduled process. Sync Invoices Now lets you enter an alternate email address to receive the summary report on the completed sync, as well as any error messages the sync triggers. The report lists all invoices processed in the batch. If no address is available, the data goes to the QuickBooks Online email address.
To use this tool, click Sync Invoices Now.
- The process will automatically send the invoice sync results to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. If you want this list to copy to additional email addresses, you can enter them here.
- Click Sync Now. Processing begins, and a message appears at the top of the Setting page to indicate that an invoice batch is currently in process.
- Reset your invoice sync status field to resume automatically once this sync is complete.
Manually Copy an Invoice from Autotask to QuickBooks Online
You can manually transfer an Invoice from Autotask to QuickBooks Online, even if a matching invoice already exists. The process sends a summary report of the results to your QuickBooks Online email address. You can also specify additional email addresses. The report shows if a copy was created, and lists the details of the invoice in report format.
To use the tool, click Manually Copy an Invoice and complete the fields as described below:
- Autotask Invoice ID: Enter the ID of the Autotask Invoice you want to transfer to QuickBooks Online.
- Overwrite: Select this option to save the invoice copy in QuickBooks Online even if the invoice has already transferred. You may need to go into QuickBooks Online and void or delete any older instances of the invoice. If you do not select this checkbox, and the invoice already exists in QuickBooks, the integration does not create a new copy. The summary report indicates that the copy failed; no data was saved to QuickBooks Online because it did not overwrite the original invoice.
- Additional Email: The integration will automatically send a summary report to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. If you want this list to copy to additional email addresses, you can enter them here.
- Click Sync Invoices Now to complete the action.
This utility provides troubleshooting information to Autotask Customer Support if problems with the QuickBooks Online integration occur. It does not provide information that is helpful at the user level. The troubleshooting log automatically transmits to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask.
If an error occurs in the integration, AppConnect automatically sends an email to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. The message includes error information. You can also find this error information in the integration, under Error Logs. To use this tool, click View Error Logs at the bottom of the Check Settings page.
Clear In-Process Status
Clear the sync status if the processing is stuck.
- QuickBooks Online invoicing tools (external resource)