QuickBooks Online features several additional tools to assist in the transfer of invoices to and from Autotask. This article describes the available tools.
- Datto Autotask PSA
- QuickBooks Online
To find the QuickBooks tools, perform the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks Online and click My Apps.
- Navigate to Autotask Invoices App, and click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. You'll see the tools options shown in Figure 1.
Select a tool to learn more:
- Compare Billing Codes and Items
- Check Which Invoices are Ready for Billing
- Sync Invoices Now
- Manually Copy an Invoice from Autotask to QuickBooks Online
- Error Logs
- Clear In-Process Status
Compare Billing Codes and Items
- Compare your Autotask Billing codes to QuickBooks items to see how they match up. You can choose to copy any missing details from Autotask to QuickBooks Online. A report of the results will be emailed to your designated Quickbooks Online mailbox when the copying completes.
- To use the tool, click compare items. On the Compare or Copy page, select options from the menus:
- Show Comparison: Generates a report that compares billing codes and QuickBooks Online Items and indicates where there is a match if there is a difference between the matched billing code and billing item, and where the QuickBooks Online item is missing. The report is sent as an email message to your designated QuickBooks Online mailbox. Also, a CSV version of the report is attached.
- Copy missing items to QuickBooks Online: If you select this option and the comparison shows that you are missing items in QuickBooks Online, the integration will copy billing code information into QuickBooks Online to create the missing Items. A report of the results will be emailed to your designated QuickBooks Online mailbox.
- Match Item Using
- Select the Billing Code field to compare to QuickBooks Online Items when generating the report. To check what field you specified in your settings, return to the Check Settings page. If you prefer, select the Billing Code Name or Billing Code ID, regardless of what option you specified in your settings. You can also choose to use the External ID to compare and, if a billing code has no data in the External ID field, use the Name field.
- Then click Do It Now.
Check Which Invoices are Ready for Billing
- Use this utility to find out which invoices in Autotask will be picked up for processing the next time the integration polls. This data can be useful if you ever have a question about whether an Autotask invoice will or will not be synced over to QuickBooks.
- To use the tool, click Check for Invoices and complete the fields as described below:
- Invoice Number Options: Select which option the integration should use to number the invoices waiting to be processed
- Invoice Max Age: Specify the maximum age, in days, of invoices to be processed
- Other Email: The process will automatically send a list of invoices that have successfully transferred from Autotask to QuickBooks Online to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. If you want this list to route to additional email addresses, you can enter them here.
- Click Do It Now.
Sync Invoices Now
- Use this tool to sync and transfer all eligible invoices at once, without waiting for the next automatically scheduled process. Sync Now provides the option to enter an alternate email address to receive the summary report on the completed sync or, if needed, any error messages triggered by the sync. The report lists all invoices processed in the batch. If no address is available, the data goes to the QuickBooks Online email address.
- NOTE: PAUSE AUTOMATIC SYNC BEFORE USING THIS TOOL
- To use this tool, click Sync Invoices Now
- The process will automatically send the invoice sync results to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. If you want this list to copy to additional email addresses, you can enter them here.
- Click Sync Now. Processing begins, and a message appears at the top of the Setting page to indicate that "An invoice batch is currently in process."
- If you have paused automatic syncing, reset your invoice sync status field to resume automatically once this sync is complete.
Manually Copy an Invoice from Autotask to QuickBooks Online
- You can manually copy (AKA transfer) an Invoice from Autotask to QuickBooks Online. You select whether or not you want to copy the invoice to QuickBooks Online even if a matching invoice already exists.
- The process sends a summary report of the results to your QuickBooks Online email address. You can specify additional email addresses if you want. The report indicates whether or not a copy is created, and lists the details of the invoice. Invoice details appear in report form, not in the invoice format.
- NOTE: You must know the Autotask Invoice ID
- To use the tool, click Manually Copy an Invoice and complete the fields as described below:
- Autotask Invoice ID: The ID of the Autotask Invoice you want to copy (transfer) to QuickBooks Online
- Overwrite: Select this option if you want to save the invoice copy in QuickBooks Online even if the invoice may have already transferred. This option disables safeguards to prevent the creation of duplicate invoices. You may need to go into QuickBooks Online and void or delete any older instances of the invoice.
- NOTE: If you do not select this check box, and the invoice already exists in QuickBooks, the integration does not create a new copy. The summary report indicates that the copy failed, meaning that no data was saved to QuickBooks Online because the original invoice did not become overwritten.
- Additional Email: A summary report will automatically be sent to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. If you want this list to copy to additional email addresses, you can enter them here.
- Click Do It Now.
- This utility is designed to provide useful troubleshooting information to Autotask Customer Support if you should experience any problems with the QuickBooks Online integration. It does not provide information that is helpful at the user level.
- The troubleshooting log automatically transmits to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask.
- If an error occurs in the integration, AppConnect automatically sends an email to the email address used to connect QuickBooks Online to Autotask. The message includes error information. You can also find this error information in the integration, under Error Logs.
- To use this tool, click View Error Logs at the bottom of the Check Settings page.
Clear In-Process Status
- Clear the sync status if the processing is stuck.