The Paid Date field is not syncing with QuickBooks Online.
- Datto Autotask PSA: QuickBooks Online
There are a couple of known scenarios that will prevent the Paid Date field from being populated in Autotask when syncing with QB Online:
(a) The setting, Set whether payment should be synced is not set to sync payments.
(b) Sync payments are turned off.
(c) The payment is not automatically being associated with payables like Invoices.
(d) Payment comes into QB Online and is not initially associated with an invoice.
- This can be seen in the Autotask Invoices application in QB Online. Once enabled, any invoice going forward marked as paid in QB Online will transfer the date over to Autotask.
- Payments made when "Sync payments" is turned off, or when the user account is locked, will be missed and the integration does not check back for missed payments. These will need to be added manually.
QB Online users can choose to associate a payment with one or more invoice transactions.
- When a payment IS associated with one or more invoices, the app then gets a notification from QB Online with a list of QB Online Invoice Numbers to which that payment was applied.
- It should be noted that there's currently no additional information available to the app about whether the payment applied in full or not; it's simply saying Payment X was applied to invoices A, B, and C.
- The app takes A, B, and C and looks in Autotask for invoice numbers that match A, B, and C. If it finds a match, then it marks the "date paid" field on the Autotask invoice as the current date.
- If the payment comes into QuickBooks Online and is not initially associated with an invoice and is then later applied to multiple invoices, we do not have the ability to detect a payment association change.