This article describes the process for configuring your Vade account once you have enrolled in the Vade Secure free trial.
- Vade Secure for Office 365
- What is Vade Secure for Office 365?
- Supported Browsers
- Activation Process
- Further Reading & Support
What is Vade Secure for Office 365?
Vade Secure for Office 365 protects your users and your company from highly sophisticated phishing,
spear-phishing and malware attacks, from the very first email.
Vade's filtering solution is based on machine learning models which perform real-time behavioral analysis to check the email integrity, URLs, and attachments.
Vade Secure integrates seamlessly in your Office 365 messaging solution and increases its security via artificial intelligence.
Vade Secure for Office 365 can be enabled in just a few clicks and requires no architecture changes (no MX record changes). The administration UI was designed to provide simple configuration, full reports, and analysis information about blocked attacks. Your users won't have to change the way they access their emails or use a new interface.
The Vade Secure for Office 365 admin console has been tested and is fully functional with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (45 or later)
- Firefox (28 or later)
- Edge (15 or later)
- Safari (11 or later)
- Internet Explorer (11 or later)
You must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org to create a Vade account before following the activation process outlined below.
To set up Vade Secure for Office 365, perform the following steps.
- Retrieve the Tenant ID
- Create a new customer on the Partner Portal
- Add a license to your customer's profile
- Activate your license
- Confirm the permissions by using an Office 365 Global Admin account
- Create a journaling rule
- Further Reading & Support
Step 1: Retrieve the Tenant ID
- Go to the Admin Center.
- Click the Left Menu.
- Click Admin Centers.
- Click Azure Active Directory.
- Click Properties.
- Make a note of the Tenant ID located in the Directory ID field, as shown in Figure 2.
Step 2: Create a new customer on the Partner Portal
- Access the Vade Secure Partner Portal at https://partner.vadesecure.com (external link).
- Click the Customers tab.
- Click the Add a Customer button.
- Fill in all required fields.
- Click the Add a Customer button again to save the changes.
Step 3: Add a license to your customer's profile
- Click the Details button in the list view of the Customers tab on the Vade Secure Partner Portal.
- Click Add a license.
- Select "Vade Secure for Office365" product.
- Enter the Tenant ID you made a note of in the Retrieve the Tenant ID section of this article.
- Select an environment for the platform.
- Select the license validity period. Please note that for purposes of the free trial period, values you enter for "Trial" and "Subscription" will be ignored. All accounts created during the trial will be free until August when we launch the complete SaaS Protection integration with Vade Secure.
Step 4: Activate your license
- Check your emails for an activation message from Vade Secure.
- Click the Activate your license button in the activation email.
Step 5: Confirm the permissions by using an Office 365 Global Admin account
- Log into the Vade Secure Admin Console by using the portal which most closely matches your geographic location (all links external):
- For Europe: https://office365.eu.vadesecure.com/
- For the US: https://office365.us.vadesecure.com/
- For Asia: https://office365.asia.vadesecure.com/
- Click Accept to authorize the basic permissions required by the Vade Secure GUI.
- Click Continue when prompted.
- Click Accept again when prompted to grant extended permissions to Vade Secure.
- You should now be able to log into the console with a Global Administrator or Exchange Administrator account.
Step 6. Create a Journaling Rule
- From within Microsoft Office 385 Home (external link), navigate to Admin Center → Left Menu → Admin Centers → Exchange → Compliance Management → Journal Rules.
- Click Send undeliverable journal reports to... and configure an email address which will receive the undeliverable journal reports, as shown in Figure 4. Microsoft Office 365 requires you to add a notification email address which will receive notifications in case emails sent to a given user were not journalized for various reasons.
- Add a journalization rule to send a copy of the email traffic to Vade Secure Office 365. Use the email address which most-closely corresponds with your region. Replace (your company name) with the name of your organization:
- United States-based customers: (your company name)@office365.us.vadesecure.com
- European Union-based customers: (your company name)@office365.eu.vadesecure.com
- Asia-based customers: (your company name)@office365.asia.vadesecure.com
- Complete the name of the rule.
- Select Apply to all messages.
- Select all messages under Journal the following messages.
- Your account is now fully-configured.
Need help configuring your account? Click the above icon in the Vade UI at any time to access more knowledge content. You can also find the Vade Knowledge Base by signing into the Vade Partner Portal and navigating to Technical Support → Resources → Documentation. Search “Activation guide” for further information about this process.
Further Reading & Support
- To learn more about Vade Secure for Office 365's security capabilities, see our security data sheet.
- Are you interested in taking your Office 365 security to the next level? Check out our 17-page whitepaper to understand why multi-layered email protection is critical.
- Want to learn even more? Visit our Email Security and General Resources spaces.
- Need to get in touch with us? Have a question that's not answered here? Contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.