This article explains the function of the Retention feature, as well as the snapshot pruning that takes place in Backupify.
- Backupify for Office 365
- Backupify for G Suite
You can set a Custom Retention Period by accessing the Retention Settings.
Backupify takes and saves a 'snapshot' of your information each time it backs up your data. Each snapshot contains the information needed to restore your data to the exact state it was in at the time of the snapshot. By default, the system will prune stored snapshots according to the following schedule:
- Backupify takes backups daily and retained for 30 days.
- After 30 days, the system saves one of those three daily backups per user.
- After 90 days, the system saves one weekly backup per user.
- After one year, Backupify saves one monthly backup per user.
Infinite retention does not mean the system will never delete any of your data; rather that it will always keep one monthly snapshot for each user.
Setting custom Retention for Backupify
1. From the dashboard, click Admin, then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the retention time from the Retention period drop-down menu, then click Set.
How Retention affects Archived Users
If a user is archived, and their last backup is older than their current retention rate, they will keep their previous available snapshot.