This article explains the function of the Retention feature, as well as explains the snapshot pruning that takes place in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
You can set custom retention rates by accessing the custom retention page.
Each time it backs up your data, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 takes and saves a 'snapshot' of that information. Each snapshot contains the information needed to restore your data to the exact state it was in at the time of the snapshot. By default, the system will prune stored snapshots according to the following schedule:
- Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify takes backups daily and retained for 30 days.
- After 30 days, the system saves one of those three daily backups per user.
- After 90 days, the system saves one weekly backup per user.
- After one year, Backupify /DattoSaaS Protection saves one monthly backup per user.
Infinite retention does not mean the system will never delete any of your data; rather that it will always keep one monthly snapshot for each user.
Setting Custom Retention for Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
1. From the dashboard, click Admin, then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Select the retention time from the Retention period drop-down menu, then click Set.
How Retention affects Archived Users
If a user is archived, and their last backup is older than their current retention rate, they will keep their previous available snapshot.