WORK IN PROGRESS - - - NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE
What types of Users/Licenses does Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 support for Microsoft Office 365?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
A Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 license is used whenever an Office 365 user is added to the backup, regardless of whether or not that user is licensed in Office 365.
- The license is not required for shared resources but still uses a "seat" in their Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 account.
The following applies to accounts which are licensed as users in the Microsoft Office 365 dashboard:
- Seated → Licensed
- The user was automatically (or manually) added to a Backupify account.
- Unseated → Unlicensed
- The user was either removed from a Backupify account or was never added in the first place.
- You can find the user (Office 365 member) listed under available to add in the seat management section of the users (management) page.
Shared Resources don't require a license when seated in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365.
Archived Users are users that are no longer running daily, active backups. Although archived users can still contain old backups, these users can not back up future data.
- Users are usually archived because they are no longer assigned a license in the Microsoft Office 365 admin dashboard.
- These accounts continue to use a Backupify license as Datto continues to retain the previous backup data.
Ignored Users are users that have been placed onto the ignore list in the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 seat management page. Users on the ignore list are unseated (unlicensed) and will not be pulled into the system by auto add.
To learn more about auto add, visit Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365: Seat Management.