This article describes creating vouchers with the Voucher Editor in Datto Network Manager.
- Datto Network Manager
The Voucher Editor lets you generate vouchers for temporary access to the internet through your Datto-managed network.
- What is the Voucher Editor?
- Assigning Voucher Editor permissions to a user
- Viewing vouchers
- Creating vouchers
- Renewing, deleting and editing vouchers
- Editing voucher parameters
- Printing vouchers
What is the Voucher Editor?
The Voucher Editor is a voucher management tool for creating and printing real-time vouchers which allow customers to access the Internet through your network. You can set vouchers to specific time increments or bandwidth tiers, making them ideal for controlling and segmenting user access.
In the Voucher Editor, you can:
- Create vouchers, customized with your text and logo, which you can print immediately on a compatible three-inch receipt printer
- Offer multiple bandwidth tiers, or a free lower-speed service tier and one or more paid tiers at higher speeds
- Set the number of users per voucher to support multiple devices under one voucher. In a hotel room or apartment, for example, you may choose to allow five or so users per voucher
- Attribute specific vouchers to specific guests, allowing quicker troubleshooting, management, and renewal
To create and print vouchers, you need the following:
- A computer with access to the Internet
- A Datto Networking account with Network Owner or Account Admin permissions and your password (ask your network administrator if you need to reset it)
- A 3" receipt printer (such as the Star TSP100) connected to your computer to print the vouchers)
Assigning Voucher Editor permissions to a user
1. From Datto Network Manager, click the account name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then select Users from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the "three dots" icon for the user who will become the Voucher Editor.
3. In the Update User modal, click the Role drop-down menu and select Voucher Editor, then click the Save button. The user will receive a verification email. Follow the prompts in the email to complete the role change.
4. Click the "Three Dots" icon next to the newly created Voucher Editor and select Change Permissions.
5. Select which networks to which this Voucher Editor should have edit access.
1. Log into your Voucher Editor account, then click Vouchers in the Navigation menu.
2. On the Vouchers page, you will see a list of existing vouchers. You can edit, renew, or delete these at any time. Use the search field to find a specific voucher by code, client MAC address, or PayPal transaction number.
1. On the Vouchers page, click the Create New button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
2. A scrollable modal will appear letting you set the following options for the new voucher:
- Duration: the length of time the voucher is valid
- Max devices: the maximum number of devices usable on the voucher
- Download limit: the maximum amount of download data allowable through the voucher
- Upload limit: the maximum amount of upload data eligible through the voucher
- Purge after: The duration of time before the Network Manager voucher automatically deletes the voucher
After you make your selections, click the Create Vouchers button.
Renewing, deleting and editing vouchers
Click the "three dots" icon next to a voucher to launch the Actions drop-down menu. Here you can do the following:
- Delete: permanently deletes the voucher
- Renew: renews the voucher for the currently set time duration
- Edit: edits the voucher's parameters
Editing voucher parameters
1: Click Edit in the Actions drop-down menu shown in Figure 8.
2. On the Edit Voucher screen, you can edit the voucher parameters shown in Figure 9.
1. On the Vouchers page, check the boxes next to the vouchers you want to print, then click the Export button and click Print Selected in the drop-down menu. The selected vouchers will then print to the network-attached 3" receipt printer.