When attempting to transfer an invoice with non-taxable items, you receive the error message, "Business Validation Error: Make sure all your transactions have a GST/HST rate before you save."
- Autotask PSA
- QuickBooks Online
To be treated as non-taxable, items must be assigned a Tax Category in Autotask and a Sales Tax Rate in QuickBooks Online that have a 0% tax rate. For the non-US version of QuickBooks, this configuration is a requirement.
To resolve the error:
1. Set up a Tax Category in Autotask and set the Tax to 0%.
- Make sure to set up this Tax against the Tax Category for every appropriate Tax Region.
2. Set up a Sales Tax Rate in QuickBooks Online with a 0% Tax Rate.
- Make sure it is named identically to the Tax you created in Autotask.
3. Retry the invoice sync by clearing ERROR from the Invoice Number field in Invoice History in Autotask.