This article describes how to work with Google Team Drives and Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Google Team Drives
- How G Suite Team Drives appear and interact with Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection
- What Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can do with your Team Drive files/folders
- Additional Resources
How G Suite Team Drives appear and interact with Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection
To access Google Team Drives, click on either the Team Drives tab in the navigation bar or the Google Team Drives link in the page.
Team Drive backups are placed into folders labeled with their backup dates. To access your backups:
1. Navigate to your Google Backup Status page → Google Team Drives.
2. Select the desired Team Drive.
3. Select the desired Drive.
What Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can do with your Team Drive files/folders
You can Restore, Back up, and Export any select number of files or folders.
- How to perform system file restores
- Restoring a full snapshot
- How to perform system file backups
- How to export a system file or a backup
How to perform system file restores
The Restore feature reverts files or applications to a previously defined point in time to recover from malfunctions or other disasters.
To restore files:
2. To restore a specific file, click its checkbox, then click the Restore button as illustrated in Figure 3. To restore multiple files, click the checkbox next to each file, then click the Restore button (see Figure 4).
You can restore a specific item (Figure 3) or multiple items (Figure 4).
Restoring a full snapshot
Restoring a full snapshot is useful if a user deletes the entire contents of their mailbox, or in the event of a ransomware attack. After starting a restore, you will see a prompt where you may select whether you would like to restore all the items in the snapshot or just the selected items.
By default, the data will restore to the original owner's account, but you may choose any other user to restore to if you wish. Restoring a full snapshot is useful if a user deletes the entire contents of their mailbox, or in the event of a ransomware attack.
You can also search through snapshots for specific users and select items from various points in time. To change the snapshot date, follow the directions below:
1. Click the button under Snapshot to the left of the page.
2. Use the calendar interface to select the date and time of your restore.
3. To view the status of your backup, click Restores.
How to perform system file backups
To perform a backup, select the files you wish to back up by checking the adjacent box and clicking BACKUP NOW.
- To back up items within a folder or collection, click the checkbox next to each item, then click the BACKUP NOW button (Figure 4).
How to export a system file or a backup
To export, select the desired files or folder, then click the EXPORT button.
To learn more about what you can do with your exports, see Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite and Office 365: How to download & unzip exports.