This article describes how to work with Google Team Drives with Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Google Team Drives
- How G Suite Team Drives appear and interact with Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection
- What Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can do with your Team Drive files/folders
- Additional Resources
How G Suite Team Drives appear and interact with Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection
You can access Google Team Drives from your Google Backup Status page by either clicking Google Team Drives or the Team Drives tab at the top.
Team Drive backups are placed and categorized into folders labeled with their backup dates. To access your backups, refer to Figure 2 or follow the directions below:
1. Navigate to your Google Backup Status page → Google Team Drives.
2. Select the desired Team Drive.
3. Select the desired Drive.
What Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can do with your Team Drive files/folders
You can Restore, Back up, and Export any select number of files or folders.
- How to perform system file restores
- How to perform system file backups
- How to export a system file or a backup
How to perform system file restores
Restore feature that reverts files or applications to a previously defined point in time to recover from malfunctions or other disasters.
To restore a file(s), access your Team Drive files.
When restoring items, you can select a specific item (Figure 3) or multiple items (Figure 4) and restore them by clicking the Restore button, then clicking RESTORE at the bottom-right of the modal window.
After initiating a restore, you will see a prompt where you may select whether you would like to restore all the items in the snapshot or just the selected ones.
- Restoring a full snapshot is useful if a user deletes the entire contents of their mailbox, or in the event of a ransomware attack.
By default, the data will restore to the original owner's account, but you may choose any other user to restore to if you wish.
You can also search through snapshots for specific users and select items from various points in time. To change the snapshot date, follow the directions below:
1. Click the button under Snapshot to the left of the page.
2. Search and select an available date and time to that specific snapshot instead.
To view the status of your backup, click Restores at the towards the top of the page.
How to perform system file backups
To perform a backup, select the file(s) you wish to back up by checking the adjacent box and clicking BACKUP NOW.
- To back up specific items within a folder or collection, click the folder, select the item(s) you wish to back up by checking the adjacent box, then click BACKUP NOW (Figure 4).
How to export a system file or a backup
To export, select the desired file(s) or folder(s), then click EXPORT.
To learn more about what you can do with your exports, click here.