This article describes how to work with Google Shared Drives in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
- Navigating to your Google Shared Drives content
- What Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can do with your Google Shared Drive files/folders
- Additional Resources
Navigating to your Google Shared Drives content
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection places your shared drive backups into folders labeled with their backup dates. To access your backups:
1. Navigate to your Google Backup Status page and select Google Shared Drives, or click the Recovery tab, and select Shared Drives.
2. Select the desired shared drive.
What Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can do with your Google Shared Drive files/folders
You can Restore, Back up, and Export any select number of files or folders.
- How to perform system file restores
- Restoring a full snapshot
- How to perform system file backups
- How to export a system file or a backup
How to perform system file restores
The Restore feature reverts files or applications to a previously defined point in time to recover from malfunctions or other disasters.
To restore files:
2. Check the box next to the file or files you wish to restore, then click the Restore button.
You can restore a specific item or multiple items.
Restoring a full snapshot
Restoring a full snapshot is useful if a user deletes the entire contents of their mailbox, or in the event of a ransomware attack. After starting a restore, you will see a prompt asking if you would like to restore all the items in the snapshot or just the selected items.
By default, the data will restore to the original owner's account, but you may choose any other user to restore to if you wish.
You can also search through snapshots for specific users and select items from various points in time. To change the snapshot date:
1. Click the button under Snapshot to the left of the page.
2. Use the calendar interface to select the date and time of your restore.
3. To view the status of your backup, click the Restores tab.
How to perform system file backups
To perform a backup, select the files you wish to back up by checking the adjacent box and clicking BACKUP NOW.
How to export a system file or a backup
To export, select the desired files or folder, then click the EXPORT button.
To learn more about what you can do with your exports, see Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite and Office 365: How to download & unzip exports.