This article provides information about reauthorizing your Microsoft SharePoint integration with Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
Users may see the following notification prompting for reauthorization in the SharePoint Site Management 2.0 user interface:
"Please re-authorize our application to access your Office 365 data so that new sites can continue to be added to your backups. When completed, the re-authorization may take a few minutes to complete. Please refresh to see if it has completed."
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Reauthorization process
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I see the notification?
You will see the notification when navigating to the Sites page in Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365.
What causes the notification?
The notification is conditional and only applies to partners and clients who have been using SharePoint Site Management 1.0 and created their account before March 15, 2019.
What do I have to do?
To start protecting additional SharePoint sites, you will need to go through the reauthorization process.
You will need to use a global administrator account to reauthorize.
Getting started with the reauthorization process
Log in to your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection account for Office 365. If you are already logged into the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application environment, continue with the reauthorization process.
If you are a Datto partner, access your application environment by navigating to the Datto Partner Portal and logging in with your credentials.
If you are a customer, but not a Datto partner, you can access the Backupify environment by navigating to the Backupify website and clicking Login at the top of the page.
Performing the reauthorization process
Figure 1: The reauthorization alert banner (click to enlarge)
2. On the Office 365 login page, select your user account if prompted, and enter your Office 365 admin credentials.
3. On the Permissions Requested page, review the requested permissions, then scroll down and click the Accept button.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will redirect you to the appropriate page:
- Backupify Direct customer or client-managed customers will see the Office 365 status page.
- Datto partners managing customer accounts will see the Partner Portal SaaS Status page.
4. Navigate to the Sites page for the account.
5. Click the Refresh button to force Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify to rediscover your Sites.
6. Click the Protect All button.
7. Toggle the Auto Add slider on.
If you are unable to add sites after reauthorizing, contact Datto technical support.