This article describes the process to set up a new Datto SaaS Protection account without the need to know your customer's G Suite or Office 365 account credentials.
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection Classic for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
- Datto SaaS Protection Classic for Office 365
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Backup Status from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the New SaaS Account button.
3. The New SaaS Account modal will appear. Click the Select or Create Client drop-down menu. If the client already exists, select them in the menu. Otherwise, select Create New.
4. Enter the name of the new client account and press Enter. Then configure the following options:
- Select Region Where Data is Stored: Choose the appropriate geographic region for your client's location in the drop-down menu.
- Select Service: Choose G Suite or Office 365.
- Select Retention Type: Choose Infinite Cloud Retention or Time-Based Retention.
- Auto Add: Toggle this option on if you want to add all seats for the client's account automatically.
- License Cap: The license cap feature prevents the addition of new seats beyond the cap value you select. Click the Enable checkbox to turn on the license cap, then enter the number of seats to set as the cap value.
When finished, click the Next button.
5. Datto SaaS Protection will automatically send the new client an email with instructions for authorization. The system will create a new account once the client completes authorization.