This article describes the process of setting up a new Datto SaaS Protection account without the need to know your customer's G Suite or Office 365 account credentials.
- Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
- Datto SaaS Protection 1.0 for Office 365
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Backup Status from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the New SaaS Account button.
3. The New SaaS Account modal will appear. Click the Select or Create Client drop-down menu. If the client already exists, select them from the drop-down menu. Otherwise, select Create New.
4. Enter the name of the new client account and press Enter, then configure the following options:
- Select Region Where Data is Stored: Choose the appropriate geographic region for your client's location in the drop-down menu.
- Select Service: Choose G Suite or Office 365.
- Select Retention Type: Choose Infinite Cloud Retention or Time-Based Retention.
- Who Will Manage This Account: Select whether this account will be partner-managed or client-managed.
- Auto Add: Toggle this option on if you want to add all seats for the client's account automatically.
- License Cap: The license cap feature prevents the addition of new seats beyond the cap value you select. Click the Enable checkbox to turn on the license cap, then enter the number of seats to set as the cap value.
When finished, click the Next button (Figure 4).
5. If you've selected Client Managed, Datto SaaS Protection will automatically send the new client an email with instructions for authorization. The system will create a new account once the client completes authorization.
If you did not receive the authorization email and would like to send another one, you can do so directly from the status page.
6. If you've selected Partner-managed, Datto SaaS Protection will automatically send the partner-managed account an email with instructions for authorization.
To resend the authorization email:
If you know the credentials of the account:
1. Navigate to your SaaS Backup Status page, and click Authorize under the Manage Account field. You will be redirected to either the G Suite or Microsoft login page (in a new tab).
2. Log in with your account credentials. You will be redirected back to the SaaS Backup Status page.
Clicking Authorize opens a new tab that allows you to enter credentials.
If you do not know the credentials of the account:
Whether the account is partner-managed or client-managed, you will see a link titled Waiting.
1. Navigate to your SaaS Backup Status page, and click Waiting under the Manage Account field. Doing so will open a dialog window.
2. In the Account Creation in Progress dialog window, enter the account email address, then click RESEND EMAIL. Doing so will resend the authorization email to the email address you have entered.