When transferring invoices from Autotask to Quickbooks Desktop, you receive the following error:
"Attempt to communicate with QuickBooks failed. Error -2147220456
This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data file before. The QuickBooks administrator must grant an application permission to access a QuickBooks company data file for the first time."
- Autotask PSA
- Intuit QuickBooks Desktop
This error occurs when you no longer have the Autotask Electronic Transfer file inside of QuickBooks, or if the QuickBooks Desktop account to which you are logged in lacks sufficient permissions.
Recreate the Autotask Electronic Transfer file
- Log Into QuickBooks as Admin in Single-User mode.
- Transfer an invoice from Autotask. You will see a prompt for QuickBooks asking if the integration is allowed to access the file. For the question "Do you want to allow this application to read and modify this company file?" select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open.
- Click Continue, then click Done. You should now be able to finish transferring the invoice.
Verify QuickBooks Desktop account permissions
- In QuickBooks Desktop, navigate to Company → Users → Set up Users and Passwords.
- Make sure Admin is highlighted in the user list. If it is not, log out of QuickBooks Desktop and log back in with Admin credentials.
- Enable Autotask access to QuickBooks (Autotask PSA Online Help)