When transferring invoices from Autotask to Quickbooks Desktop, you receive the following error:
"Attempt to communicate with QuickBooks failed. Error -2147220456
This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data file before. The QuickBooks administrator must grant an application permission to access a QuickBooks company data file for the first time."
- Datto Autotask PSA
- Intuit QuickBooks Desktop
This error occurs when the user no longer has the Autotask Electronic Transfer file inside of QuickBooks.
- Log Into QuickBooks as Admin in Single-User mode.
- Transfer an invoice from Autotask. You will see a prompt for QuickBooks asking if the integration is allowed to access the file.
- Grant permission. You should now be able to configure as needed.
- Enable Autotask access to QuickBooks (Autotask PSA Online Help)