How can we prevent Autotask and our customer's automated email and ticketing system from sending tickets back and forth?
- Datto Autotask PSA
- Datto does not recommend associating your client's support email with CRM contacts, as doing so can cause messages to loop if your support inbox generates automatic acknowledgments.
- Autotask cannot prevent incoming email processing of client support emails. However, you can set up rules on your email server to disallow message redirecting.
- Rather than blacklisting the support email address, you can create a rule-based on the subject.
- To interrupt an active message loop, turn off the success notifications from the mailbox until the loop stops, and then turn it back on.
To turn off success notifications
1. Place your cursor over the Autotask menu icon and navigate to ADMIN → Features & Settings.
2. Click the plus sign next to APPLICATION-WIDE (SHARED FEATURES), then click Incoming Email Processing.
3. Right-click the icon to the left of the Mailbox Name, and then click Edit.
4. Scroll down to SUCCESS NOTIFICATION (TO EMAIL ORIGINATOR) and under Notification Template, click the down arrow to select a blank space so that no template is selected. Click Save & Close to save the change.