My clients reported that they were receiving two notifications of each new ticket they submitted via email. I can confirm the email was not sent out manually. Why are my clients receiving multiple alerts?
- Datto Autotask PSA
Two notifications were sent out, one by incoming e-mail processing and one by a workflow rule. You can disable one of them to prevent the duplicates.
To disable new ticket notification from incoming e-mail processing
1. Place your cursor over the Autotask menu icon and navigate to Admin → Features and Settings.
2. Click the plus sign next to APPLICATION-WIDE, then click on Incoming Email Processing.
3. Click the icon to the left of the Mailbox Name and choose Edit from the drop-down menu.
4. Under the Ticket tab, find the box labeled SUCCESS NOTIFICATION (TO EMAIL ORIGINATOR). See if there is a template listed in the Notification Template box. If there is, you can remove it by clicking the down arrow and choosing the blank space at the top of the list. Click Save & Close at the top of the window to save your change.
Figure 4: Notification template box (click to enlarge)
To deactivate or edit a workflow rule
1. Follow the same path as outlined above, but from the APPLICATION-WIDE window, click WORKFLOW RULES and then click the Service Desk tab. From here you can edit the workflow rule by placing your cursor over the icon to the left of the rule name and then clicking Edit Workflow Rule.
2. Under the General tab, uncheck the box labeled Active. Click the Save & Close button to save your change.
Alternatively, you can click the Notifications tab and uncheck the Ticket Contact box. Click the Save & Close button to save your change.