This article describes the process for setting up a new Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 customer account via the Backupify website. This process applies only to customers.
- Backupify 2.0 for Office 365
You must have Global Administrator rights for the account you are protecting and a valid Office 365 email address to sign up for Backupify 2.0 for Office 365.
Datto recommends performing the steps in this article in an incognito or private session in your browser.
1. Sign in to login.microsoftonline.com as a Global Administrator.
2. Open an additional incognito browser tab and navigate to backupify.com, then click TRY IT FREE at the top-right of the page.
3. Select Office 365, then select Yes from the ARE YOU A GLOBAL ADMIN drop-down. Click NEXT to proceed.
4. On the Backupify 2.0 signup screen, fill in the information requested. Once completed, click Sign Up.
5. On the Welcome screen, click LOGIN TO YOUR TRIAL ACCOUNT.
6. On the Log into Backupify page, enter the login credentials you created, then click Log In.
7. The login process will redirect you to login.microsoft.com to complete the account authentication setup. Provide the Global Administrator account login credentials.
8. Grant Backupify access to the list of features by clicking Accept.
9. Once authenticated, the Backupify Onboarding wizard will display. Click Continue.
10. Select the appropriate storage region, then click Continue to complete the wizard.
11. The Backupify Seat Management page will display after completing the wizard. Depending on the size of your active directory, this page may take several minutes to load.
12. When finished, click Advance to Dashboard to navigate to the Backupify for Office 365 Dashboard. Backups for Office 365 will now begin for all selected users.
You can upload a CSV file that contains a list of seated users or shared resource mailboxes, as well as add custom site collections for Sharepoint. For details on different seat management options, see Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365: Seat Management.