This article describes the process for setting up a new Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 partner account via the SaaS Store. This process applies only to partners in the United States.
For partners in other regions, see our Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365: How to set up Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365 in Canada, EMEA, and APAC article.
- Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 - United States Region
- Datto Partner Portal
- You must have Global Admin account credentials to the customer's Office 365 tenant for the initial setup. You can change or remove these credentials once you've completed the onboarding steps.
- To complete the setup and purchase, you must have Admin-level permissions in the Datto Partner Portal.
- Clean Browsing
- Access the SaaS Store
- Create your customer
- Select the product
- Confirm the quote
- Manage clients
- Log in and complete onboarding
- Add users to the backup
Open a Google Chrome incognito window or similar private browsing window. Doing so will help to avoid confusion about which Office 365 service to authenticate.
Access the SaaS Store
Navigate to http://saasstore.datto.com and enter your Datto Partner Portal credentials.
As another option, you can access the Store from the Partner Portal home page by navigating to Purchasing & Billing → Store → SaaS Protection.
Create your customer
If this is your first Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 account setup, you will see the Add Client screen (Figure 3). If you've set up clients before, then you will see the Select Client screen (Figure 4), which lets you choose from a drop-down list of existing clients or add a new client.
After you have added a new client or selected an existing client, click CONTINUE.
Figure 3: Adding a client (click to enlarge)
Select the product
Select Office 365 and enter the number of users to protect. When finished, click Generate Quote for pricing information for the tier of users you entered.
Confirm the quote
1. Click Confirm Quote.
Doing so brings up the Payment Method screen containing your payment and contact information. If this is your first time ordering, you must enter all relevant information before proceeding.
2. Click Confirm Purchase to continue.
3. Click Return to Store to restart the purchase process for other Datto SaaS Protection products.
To connect Microsoft Office 365 to the account you've just set up, click Manage Clients/Applications, which opens the Application Management Dashboard.
The client's Office 365 management options will appear in the Application Management dashboard. Click THIS PRODUCT IS PARTNER MANAGED on one of your client's licensed services, then click Authorize. Datto SaaS Protection will automatically include all other licensed services in the authorization (this dashboard is a one-time setup screen).
Log in to Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 and complete onboarding
1. Navigate to Microsoft's sign-in page, then log in to your Office 365 account as a global administrator. Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will add your Active Directory, which may take several minutes to load.
2. The Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 Onboarding Wizard will launch. Click Continue.
3. Choose the appropriate geographic storage region from the drop-down menu, then click CONTINUE.
Add users to the backup
You will now be able to add backups from the Seat Management screen. Auto-Add automatically backs up all users and resources in the domain.
1. Click Disable to manually select which users and resources to back up during the initial setup.
With Auto-Add disabled, search for the users you wish to back up in the Add Users field.
2. Click the checkbox for the user you’ve selected, click back up selected users, then click Confirm to perform a backup for that user. After adding users, click Advance to Dashboard.
At the bottom of the screen, you can add CSV files of existing user lists and custom site collections from an Excel spreadsheet.