This article explains how to set up a client's Datto SaaS Protection account in the Datto Partner Portal. This process applies to partners of all regions.
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for Office 365
- Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for G Suite
- Datto Partner Portal
After completing the general steps of the initial setup, below, continue to the service-specific steps for Office 365 or G Suite, depending on which service you are protecting.
- General steps
- Steps for Office 365
- Steps for G Suite
- Changing an account to NFR
- Additional Resources
- If you have not yet opted into Datto SaaS Protection, follow the steps in How do I opt-in to Datto SaaS Protection through the Datto Store? before adding a new client.
- You must have Global Admin/Super Admin account credentials to the customer's Office 365 or G Suite
- To complete the setup and purchase, you must have Trusted Tech or Admin-level permissions in the Datto Partner Portal.
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select SaaS Protection Status from the drop-down menu.
2. On the SaaS Protection Status page, click the ADD SAAS PROTECTION CLIENT button.
3. The Add SaaS Protection Client dialog box will appear. fill out the following sections:
Adding the client
- Select or create client: Enter a new client's name, or select an existing client from the drop-down menu.
- Region where data is stored: Choose the geographically appropriate storage region.
- Select which product will be backed up: Choose Office 365 or G Suite.
- Select commitment term and retention: Choose a 1 year or month-to-month commitment term, then choose Infinite Cloud Retention (ICR) or Time Based Retention (TBR). See Understanding licensing and commitment terms to learn more. about these options.
Choose the appropriate option for the Who will manage this SaaS Protection service? selection:
- Choose Partner if you will manage the service for your client, or Client-Only if your client will manage the service.
- Do you have global admin credentials for the Office 365 tenant you are protecting?: Select Yes or No. See Setting up client-managed Datto SaaS Protection accounts without client credentials to learn more.
- Users Auto-Add: Enable Auto-add to automatically charge a license and add new users as the system discovers them.
- Enable User License Cap: this feature caps the number of licenses the system can use through Auto-Add. Select this check box to activate the license cap, then use the Enter cap field to select the license cap number. For more information on license caps, see Setting your license cap.
5. Once you finish selecting the Add SaaS Client options, click the Acknowledgement checkbox, then click the Add SaaS Client button. Depending on which service you are backing up, the system will redirect you to either the Microsoft login page or the G Suite account validation page.
Steps for Office 365
Log in with your Microsoft account credentials.
8. Navigate back to the Datto Partner Portal. From the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab → SaaS Protection Status.
9. Locate the client you have just created, then click on the client name to go to the Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard. Initial backups will begin automatically.
Steps for G Suite
Install the Backupify 2.0 app from the Google Apps Store
1. Before you add a new G Suite client, configure the Google Admin portal to work with Backupify. Open a private browsing or incognito window, then log into G Suite as a super admin user. From the Google Admin console, select Apps.
2. Click G Suite Marketplace apps.
3. Select Add app to Domain Install list.
4. Search for Backupify Google Apps Backup and select the app from the results.
5. Click Domain Install.
6. Click Continue.
8. Proceed through the additional setup and click Done.
9. When finished, the Backupify Google Apps Backup web app will appear as ON for everyone.
Verify API setup
1. Log in to the Google Admin console and click the Main Menu on the top-left.
2. In Security, select API controls.
3. Select MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS.
4. Confirm that the Access for Backupify is listed as Trusted.
Verify Drive API is enabled
1. In the Google Apps Admin console, click Apps → G Suite → Drive and Docs → Features and Applications.
2. Make sure to check the Allow Users to Access Google Drive with the Drive SDK API box. Click Save Changes when finished.
Other things to verify
Be sure to enable the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application for all organizational units within the domain.
Verify that you enabled the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection application for all users you are trying to add.
Make sure you are not trying to add users under a subdomain.
Ensure API access and data access is enabled.
Add SaaS Protection for G Suite client
1. After completing the Steps for G Suite and General steps, the system will redirect you to the G Suite account validation page. If you haven't already done so, go to the Goole Marketplace, then download and install the Backupify application. Enter your Super Administrator account email, then click Validate.
2. Navigate back to the Datto Partner Portal. From the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab → SaaS Protection Status.
3. Locate the client you have just created, then click on the client name to go to the Datto SaaS Protection dashboard. Initial backups will begin automatically.
Changing an account to NFR
To designate an account as not-for-resale (NFR) contact your Datto Sales Executive.
- What's new in Datto SaaS Protection 2.5?
- How do I opt in to Datto SaaS Protection through the Datto Store?
- Understanding licensing and commitment terms
- Setting up a client account in Datto SaaS Protection
- Setting up partner-managed Datto SaaS Protection without client credentials
- Setting up client-managed Datto SaaS Protection accounts without client credentials
- Setting your license cap.