This article discusses the Teams Seat Management page in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Navigating to Teams Management page
1. From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click the Seat Management tab, then select Teams from the drop-down menu.
Teams Management page
The Teams Management page has two major components:
- The Overview pane, which displays a graphic representation of Teams management.
- The REFRESH button searches and discovers new Teams in the Office 365 environment on demand.
- The Manage Teams pane lets you view Teams and change their protection status.
- The Auto Add switch in the Manage Teams panel lets you automatically protect Teams that you created in Office 365.
- The Protect All button will protect unprotected Teams.
The Status Overview bar uses different colors to represent the status of each Team:
- Active (green): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 is actively backing up the Team.
- Paused (blue): Backups are enabled, but currently paused.
- Archived (black): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection is no longer backing up this Team, but you can restore its data.
- Unprotected (grey): Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 is detecting this Team, but you have not yet enabled backups on the Teams Management page.
For more information on seat statuses, read Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite and Office 365: Seat statuses.
By default, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will look for changes once per day. To force Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 to back up new changes in your Teams' data, make sure Auto Add is switched on, then click the Refresh button. When you refresh, the system will also search for new Teams in the Office 365 environment.
- If Auto Add is enabled, the refresh process will occur with newly discovered Teams.
- If Auto Add is disabled, the system will not protect newly discovered Teams; they will require manual inclusion.
Move your cursor over the progress bar in the Status Overview section of the Overview panel to view the number of Teams you have for each category versus your total number of Teams.
The Manage Teams panel displays all Teams detected by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0.
The options in this panel include the following:
A. Search: Use the search bar to find individual Teams within your Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 instance. You can filter your Teams by keywords.
B. Auto Add: Click the blue slider to enable or disable Auto Add for Teams. Enabling Auto Add will automatically back up any Teams you create from that point forward.
C. Protect All: Click to protect all Teams, except the ones that you have Paused or Archived.
D. Click the checkboxes next to any of the four statuses to hide or return them to the Teams list.
E. Click to list your Teams in reverse alphabetical order.
F. Click to change the status of a Team.
To export a list of all Teams to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0, click the Export CSV from the ellipsis menu in the Manage Teams section of the page. Refer to Figure 8 for an example.
In the Manage Teams panel, you can enable Auto Add for all Team-related items. When you enable Auto Add:
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will automatically back up any Teams you create from that point forward.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will not add any Teams that existed at the time you enabled Auto Add; you must add them manually in the Manage Teams panel.
In the Manage Teams panel, you can click Protect All to protect all seats, except seats that you have Paused or Archived.
- Full protection will take a few minutes to activate eligible seats.
- You can refresh the page to view updated seat statuses.