This article describes the process of manually installing and registering the Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent on a protected system.
For RMM deployment instructions, see Cloud Continuity for PCs: Deploying the Cloud Continuity Agent via RMM.
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
This article assumes that you have already completed any necessary pre-deployment steps on the protected system. If you have not done so already, review the information in our Cloud Continuity for PCs: Getting Started article before proceeding further.
To install the Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent, perform the following steps:
1. Download and install the DattoCloudContinuityInstaller.exe and launch it. You will see an installation window similar to Figure 1.
2. Review the Datto Cloud Continuity Terms document.
3. If you agree to the terms, check the I agree to the license terms and conditions box and then click Install to continue.
4. The Cloud Continuity installer will run.
If you are prompted to install the Datto Storage volume shadow copies, as shown in Figure 2, click Install. The Datto Storage service allows the Cloud Continuity Agent to perform snapshots of your protected system.
5. You may see a prompt to enable the RSA/SHA512 algorithm on the protected system. The Cloud Continuity Agent requires this algorithm to deliver secure communications. Click OK to enable the protocol.
To learn more about RSA/SHA512 protocols, see Microsoft Support article 2973337 (external link).
6. Once the installation completes, you will see the below confirmation screen. Proceed to the Registration section of this article to continue.
1. A web browser window will open and navigate you to the Datto Partner Portal. Log in using your Partner Portal username and password.
If you do not see the window, or if you rebooted before beginning the registration process, click the agent tray icon and select Open Cloud Continuity registration page to auto-fill the form, as shown in Figure 6.
2. After logging in to the portal, you will see the Register Cloud Continuity Agent window. Perform the following steps to register the protected system and link it to a specific client:
- Select or Create Client: Associate the new agent with an existing client from your Partner Portal account or create a new client.
- Enter Agent ID: Also known as the 'agent shortcode,' this value is the unique key identifier for the cloud backups of the protected host. Make a note of this key. You will be asked to provide it if you contact Support, or if you need to register a machine to your partner account manually.
- Select Datacenter: Select the offsite storage facility where you would like your cloud backups to be stored. Currently, only the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom are selectable regions. If you have compliance questions about these data centers, contact your Datto Sales Executive.
- Select Subscription Type: Select the type of subscription license you'd like the agent to use.
3. When you are finished making configuration changes, click Register.
4. Reboot the protected system to start taking backups.
To uninstall the Cloud Continuity for PCs Agent, see Uninstalling the Cloud Continuity Agent