This article describes the Captive Portal in Datto Network Manager.
- Datto Network Manager
The Captive Portal in Datto Network Manager provides flexible support for several different types of splash pages and authentication.
Support for splash pages includes:
- internally-Hosted Splash Pages hosted by the access point.
- externally-Hosted Splash Pages that you may write and host on your web server.
Support for authentication modules includes:
- authentication using vouchers.
- authentication via an external RADIUS server.
- authentication via a specialized HTTP page hosted on your web server.
Splash page and authentication types may be mixed-and-matched. In other words, internally-hosted splash pages may be used with either vouchers or RADIUS authentication, and vice-versa.
Several detailed example configurations are presented here:
- Internally Hosted Splash Page with RADIUS Authentication
- Externally Hosted Splash Page with RADIUS Authentication