You made changes to services on a recurring service contract, causing prorated billing lines that you would like to remove, or the effective date on the edit of a service is incorrect. You want to remove that edit and start again.
- Autotask PSA
While you cannot directly delete the prorated billing lines or reverse the edit, there are two options for resolving this issue. You can either change the end date of the contract or place the prorations on a dummy invoice that you won't send to your customer.
To change the end date of the contract to the day before the effective date of the change
- Edit the Contract. Set the End Date to the day before the effective date of the prorated cost, then click Save.
- Resetting the End Date will remove all elements of the contract added after the new date.
- Edit the Contract again. Set the End Date back to the original end date and click Save.
- You will need to un-post any posted items added after the desired date.
To place the prorations on a dummy invoice
- Create an opposing edit that cancels out the one that you originally made.
- Because the two prorations will be for opposite amounts, the total of the invoice will be $0.00.
- You can remove the prorated services from Approve & Post, but not from the contract.
- Add services and service bundles (Autotask PSA Online Help)