This article describes restoring data for Microsoft Teams calendars that are protected by Backupify/DattoSaaS Protection. Use this article as an aid when restoring damaged or deleted Teams calendar information. You can also restore Teams Content and Teams Conversations.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 only restores the content of a Team, and not a Team itself.
Restoring Teams Calendars
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection can restore all of the meetings within a Team calendar.
- When restoring a calendar meeting, multiple calendar meetings, or a whole Team calendar, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will never overwrite existing calendar meetings.
- Calendar meetings will be restored to the default calendar for a Team as new meetings. This behavior is different from Exchange calendar restores because Teams can only have one calendar.
1. In the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard page, click the Recovery tab, then select Teams from the drop-down menu.
2. On the following page, click the name of the Team from which you are restoring.
3. To restore from a snapshot other than the latest one, click the Snapshot drop-down menu, then choose the restore point by using the calendar options.
4. Click the Calendar button. The calendar meetings in that snapshot will populate in a list. If you are restoring individual meetings instead of the entire calendar, select them by checking the boxes next to their names. When finished, click the Restore button.
5. Choose your restore type and location:
- Snapshot: restores the entire backup
- Selected Items: lets you choose individual files to restore.
- Restore To: lets you pick the Team to which the system will restore the data.
Calendar restores will appear in the original calendar where the data resided, appended with a date/time stamp to delineate the restore. You will see an alert message explaining this information before the restore begins.