When attempting to perform a Cloud Continuity for PCs Bare Metal Restore of a protected system, you receive the error message, "Bare Metal Restore encountered an error. (Code 9999)."
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Bare Metal Restore
- The Bare Metal Restore was unable to write required attributes to one or more files identified for restore to the target hardware.
- The Bare Metal Restore failed to copy one or more files identified for restore to the target hardware.
- A problem occurred while accessing the backup data on the server.
1. In some instances, you may see the Code 9999 error even though the BMR is still running. To determine if the restore is still in progress, contact Datto Technical Support.
2. Once Datto Technical Support verifies that the restore has finished, click FINISH AND REBOOT.
3. Remove the Datto Utilities stick from the target hardware.
If you determine that you need to rerun the Bare Metal Restore, perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that the target hardware meets the requirements listed in Cloud Continuity for PCs: Bare Metal Restore - Getting Started.
2. Ensure that the network environment meets the requirements listed in Datto Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Networking & Bandwidth Requirements.
3. Ensure that you have selected a viable restore point. You can verify a good restore point by running a screenshot or mounting a restore.
4. Attempt the restore again.
If you find no issues, or if you correct problems and the restoration continues to fail, boot the target hardware into the Datto Utilities environment, and contact Datto Technical Support for further assistance.